ImageRagnar.jpg(Full name in Norwegian spelling '''Tore Ragnar Tørnquist''')
Norwegian writer/director of ''The Longest Journey'' (TLJ) and ''Dreamfall'' Ragnar Tornquist was born on the 31st of July 1970http//web.archive.org/web/20031011041001/http//www.ragnartornquist.com/2003_08_01_thoughtsarchive.html ragnartornquist.com (archived) - Ragnar's birthday (1 Aug 2003 entry), the second youngest of 4 brothers and one sister. As of the 14th of January 2005, he is reported to be married to Heloise Marie from the Philippines, with whom he had his daughter Sara on the 26th of August 2007.
Ragnar decided early on that he was going to make movies, although when about 15 he coded ''Peasant's Quest''http//web.archive.org/web/20041011115708/http//www.ragnartornquist.com/2003_10_01_thoughtsarchive.html ragnartornquist.com (archived) - ''Peasant's Quest'' (5 Oct 2003 entry)http//www.ragnartornquist.com/blogger/2004/08/not-sure-if-you-are-aware-of-this-but.html ragnartornquist.com - ''Peasant's Quest'' (not found) - a comedic text adventure for the C64. After growing up in http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ytre_Enebakk Ytre Enebakk, Norway, he started his studies at http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Clare%27s_International_School St. Clare's in Oxford, England aged seventeen, when his mother moved to Saudi Arabia for a year to live there with Ragnar's dad the last year of his workstay. This lasted from 1987 to 1989. Moving back to Oslo in 1989, he studied there for a year. Later Ragnar spent four years at New York University, studying film-making at its http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tisch_School_of_the_Arts Tisch School of the Arts (1990-93).
The film-making got him interested in animation, which in turn got him interested in computer game production. After moving back to Norway in 1994, he got a job at Funcom. There he has worked on games for such film licenses as ''Casper'' (1996) and ''Dragonheart'' (1996) before he got to produce a game based on his own concept TLJ. He did some important writing on Funcom's MMO ''Anarchy Online'' (2001), and wrote a novel set in that universe ''Prophet Without Honour'' (2001), as well as creating a 4-part series of short CG animations leading up to a major game-world event. In 2006 he launched the follow-up to TLJ, ''Dreamfall''.
Ragnar's blog had a large following but after it was hacked in 2009 he officially moved updates to Twitter, and fans are kept up informed about his work and interests. These have been a source of ''Dreamfall'' news for many avid followers. It was thought that work on the follow-up to ''Dreamfall'', ''Dreamfall Chapters'', might begin after Funcom had launched MMO ''Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures'', but they then announced Ragnar's pet project ''The Secret World'' (TSW), also an MMO. He has larger plans for TSW's world he has a screenplay called ''The Dark Places'' and the outline for another game called ''Miracle'', both of which are set in TSW's universe, although it is unknown if this remains true as Joel Bylos has now taken over the game.
On the 1st of November, 2012 Ragnar announced that he had left Funcom to form Red Thread Games, for the express purpose of creating Dreamfall Chapters. The team is small but composed mostly of Funcom veterans, including Dag Scheve and Martin Bruusgaard. Several of the team members also worked on Dreamfall and TLJ. Ragnar has stated his excitement about games development in this age of wikipediaKickstarter, and launched DFC's Kickstarter on the 8th of February, 2013.http//www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/08/journeys-end-dreamfall-chapters-interview-part-one/ Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Ragnar on crowdfundingThe project was funded in 180% on the day 10th of March,2013 and is currently in making.
* ''http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casper_(video_game) Casper'' (1996)
* ''http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonheart_Fire_%26_Steel Dragonheart Fire & Steel'' (1996)
* ''The Longest Journey'' (1999)
* ''http//anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page/ Anarchy online'' (2001)
* ''Dreamfall ''(2006)
* ''The Secret World'' (2011-12)
* ''Dreamfall Chapters'' (2014)
* ''Draugen'' (20??)
* ''The Longest Journey Home'' (20??)
* ''Miracle'' (20??)
* ''http//www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarchy/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&template=content&func_id=2319&table=CONTENT Anarchy Online Prophet Without Honour'' (2001)
* ''http//www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarchy/frontend.cgi?func=frontend.show&table=PUBLISH&template=drill&func_id=1107&navID=1003,1006,1107 Anarchy Online The Animated Series'' (2001)
* ''http//web.archive.org/web/20031218204903/http//www.ragnartornquist.com/thedarkplaces/ The Dark Places'' (2003)
* http//ragnartornquist.com/ ragnartornquist.com - Ragnar's blog
* http//twitter.com/Ragso Twitter / Ragso
* http//www.formspring.me/RagnarTornquist Ragnar Tornquist at http//www.formspring.me/ Formspring
* http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_T%C3%B8rnquist Ragnar Tornquist at http//en.wikipedia.org/ Wikipedia
* http//www.imdb.com/name/nm0868203/ Ragnar Tornquist on http//www.imdb.com/ IMDb
ruРагнар ТорнквистCategoryReal World Entries