There's a variety of portals shown throughout the series.
* Shift - First seen in The Longest Journey, by traditional definition it's a portal made by a Shifter allowing its creator to pass from one of the twin worlds into the other, through the world of dreams (quite possibly referencing the Dreaming). In Dreamfall, however, April uses a Shift to go to the Guardian's Realm.
* To the House of All Worlds - in The Longest Journey, a portal opens and allows April enter the mysterious place known as The House of All Worlds. According to April, the portal looks like a Shift but doesn't feel like one. Lady Alvane confirms that it's similar to a Shift but doesn't require passing through the Dreams.
* Into the Guardian's Realm - By the end of The Longest Journey April uses magic to summon Crow into the realm. If asked, Crow describes "blue light" that he saw before finding himself in the Realm. Although, it was presumably not a Shift, looks like April created a similar portal, possibly with help of the Stone Disk she was carrying.
* Into the Dream Chamber - In Dreamfall Prophet opens a portal that takes him (and April) from the Journeyman Inn's basement into a large underground chamber with the Dream Vortex.
* Portal of Dark Magic - in Dreamfall Chapters Kian escapes from the Friar's Keep in a portal created with dark magic, which requires someone's life as a sacrifice. It's unknown whether such portal can lead to other worlds or not.
Darkcity shift.png's Realm
The First Shift.jpgStark to Arcadia
dp1.png.pngCategoryThe Longest JourneyCategoryDreamfallCategoryDreamfall Chapters