=United Kingdom Great Britain
=Constitutional monarchy (lon.21)
=Her Majesty Queen Caroline
=£1.8 Pound Sterling = 1¥ Nuyen}}
Since the 2014 Act of Dissolution and Treaty of Galway, which reunified Tír na nÓg, United Kingdom and Great Britain are effectively synonymous.
== History ==
2004 Nuclear meltdown at Dungeness in Kent (England) creates a localized irradiated zone.
2005 Conservative government in the United Kingdom establishes regional parliaments in Scotland and Wales.
2009 King Charles III is crowned in Westminster Abbbey.
2011 England's Sizewell B nuclear power station suffers critical meltdown, resulting in a total death count of 17,000.
2011 A nuclear power plant in Dounreay, Scotland suffers a meltdown, creating the Scottish Irradiated Zone2011Mana lines and standing stones re-emerge all over Britain. First sighting of the Great Welsh Dragon, Celedyr, in Caerleon.
2012 King Charles III abdicates in favor of his only surviving son, George VII.
2014 Following magically enhanced terrorist activity, the governments of the U.K. and Eire sign the Treaty of Galway establishing the United Free Republic of Ireland.
2016 United Kingdom Prime Minister Lena Rodale assassinated.
2016 A major oil spill in the North Sea creates the Scottish Fringe Toxic Zone
2021 England's King George VII is declared dead, rumors persist that he was killed when he began changing into a troll.
2024 After a prolonged succession dispute, George Edward Richard Windsor-Hanover becomes King George VIII in England.
2025 The United Kingdom Constitution Act is passed in the United Kingdom, creating the Lord Protector's Offices.
2026 Oxford and Edinburgh Universities establish Bachelor of Science degrees in Occult Studies.
2027 The Lord Protector's office (England) drafts the Magical Practitioners Registration Bill, which Parliament passes into law.
2028 Cambridge institutes a Magical Studies program.
2028 Britain withdraws from the European Economic Community (EEC).
2032Eurowars Great Britain deploys troops in Netherlands and Flanders.
2036 Regeneration and transformation of regional forests begins in Scotland.
2037 Wolves and bears are restored to the Scottish Wild Lands.
2039 A massive chemical spill kills 70,000 people in Teesside, England.
2041 EuroAir Flight 329 from London to Atlanta destroyed by Sirrurg2043 Gwynedd elves make major advances in Welsh regional parliament.
2046 Para-VITAS outbreak in Tynesprawl (England) kills 120,000. Believed to be the work of unidentified eco-terrorists.
2046 Researchers find a freshwater serpent in Scotland's Loch Ness
== Politics ==
The Lord Protector, Edward Arthur Charles Gordon-Windsor (1994), is the most powerful man in England and a powerful druid. The Lord Protector's Offices controls the administration, education, the licensing and registration of Magic Users, Technomancers and Cyberware and the national security. His main rivals are Queen Caroline the popular young monarch and the growing political power of the People's Party.
== Geography ==
=== England ===
47 boroughs, 36 counties, 29 London boroughs, 12 cities and boroughs, 10 districts, 12 cities, 3 royal boroughs
* '''boroughs''' Barnsley, Blackburn with Darwen, Blackpool, Bolton, Bournemouth, Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Bury, Calderdale, Darlington, Doncaster, Dudley, Gateshead, Halton, Hartlepool, Kirklees, Knowsley, Luton, Medway, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, North Tyneside, Oldham, Poole, Reading, Redcar and Cleveland, Rochdale, Rotherham, Sandwell, Sefton, Slough, Solihull, Southend-on-Sea, South Tyneside, St. Helens, Stockport, Stockton-on-Tees, Swindon, Tameside, Thurrock, Torbay, Trafford, Walsall, Warrington, Wigan, Wirral, Wolverhampton
* '''counties''' Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cornwall, Cumbria, Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Durham, East Sussex, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Herefordshire, Hertfordshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Northumberland, North Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Shropshire, Somerset, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Warwickshire, West Sussex, Wiltshire, Worcestershire
* '''London boroughs''' Barking and Dagenham, Barnet, Bexley, Brent, Bromley, Camden, Croydon, Ealing, Enfield, Greenwich, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Haringey, Harrow, Havering, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Islington, Lambeth, Lewisham, Merton, Newham, Redbridge, Richmond upon Thames, Southwark, Sutton, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Wandsworth
* '''cities and boroughs''' Birmingham, Bradford, Coventry, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne, Salford, Sheffield, Sunderland, Wakefield, Westminster
* '''districts''' Bath and North East Somerset, East Riding of Yorkshire, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, North Somerset, Rutland, South Gloucestershire, Telford and Wrekin, West Berkshire, Wokingham
* '''cities''' City of Bristol, Derby, City of Kingston upon Hull, Leicester, London, Nottingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Southampton, Stoke-on-Trent, York
* '''royal boroughs''' Kensington and Chelsea, Kingston upon Thames, Windsor and Maidenhead
=== Scotland ===
* '''32 council areas''' Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire, Angus, Argyll and Bute, The Scottish Borders, Clackmannanshire, Dumfries and Galloway, Dundee City, East Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, East Lothian, East Renfrewshire, City of Edinburgh, Falkirk, Fife, Glasgow City, Highland, Inverclyde, Midlothian, Moray, North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire, Orkney Islands, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire, Shetland Islands, South Ayrshire, South Lanarkshire, Stirling, West Dunbartonshire, Eilean Siar (Western Isles), West Lothian;
=== Wales ===
11 county boroughs, 9 counties, 2 cities and counties
* '''county boroughs''' Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Conwy, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Wrexham
* '''counties''' Isle of Anglesey, Ceredigion, Carmarthenshire, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Monmouthshire, Pembrokeshire, Powys, The Vale of Glamorgan
* '''cities and counties''' Cardiff, Swansea
== Economy ==
=== Corporate Presence ===
*Regulus Joint Industries
*Transys Neuronet (HQ Edinburgh)
== References ==
Primary Source London Sourcebook, pp 7-50, 121-131.
London London Sourcebook, pp 52-114. Aberdeen Target Smuggler's Havens, pg 70. Birmingham London Sourcebook, pg 116. Cambridge London Sourcebook, pp 118-119. Cardiff/Caerdydd London Sourcebook, pp 119-120. Edinburgh London Sourcebook, pg 120. Merseysprawl London Sourcebook, pp 116-117. Newcastle and Tynesprawl London Sourcebook, pp 117-118. Nottingham London Sourcebook, pg 118.
Relations with Germany Germany Sourcebook, pg 42.
Relations with Tír na nÓg. Tír na nÓg., pg 53-54.
Relations with Tir Tairngire Tir Tairngire, pg 46.
The great dragonCeledyr lairs in Caerleon (sr3.269).
Stonehenge has a background count of 4 (mits.84). Shadowland node in (at least) Merseysprawl (tm.27). Manchester Data Haven (tm.45-47).
During Halley's Comet visit, naturally occurring orichalcum discovered in Snowdonia, Wales, as well as in the huge stone circle at Avebury (yotc.85).
The island Lyonesse resurfaced in the English Channel in 2063. (la.77)
On the Summer Solstice of 2064 wild and Celtic Druids successfully wakened a new Great Ley Line running from off the northern coast of Tír na nÓg through Scotland to the Shetland Isles. (SoE. 207)
=== Semi-Official Sources ===
The novel Choose Your Enemies Carefully is set in London.
The novel Streets of Blood is set in London.
The novel Worlds Without End is partially set in Scotland.
== External Links ==
''This page forked from Wordman's The Sixth World A geographical index to the world of Shadowrun''
CategoryCountriesCategoryCountries of EuropeCategoryUnited KingdomdeVereinigtes Königreich GroßbritannienfrRoyaume-UniplWielka Brytania