'''Auburn''' is a heavily industrialized district of the Seattle Metroplex.
Auburn is an industrial district of smoke-belching factories and blue-collar (read downtrodden) workers.
Auburn is bordered by Renton in the north, Tacoma in the west, Puyallup in the south, and the lands of the Salish-Shidhe Council in the east. Green River flows through the district.
Typical mix for Seattle. Most inhabitants are blue collar workers.
Mayor Zax Pound-Down, a flamboyant ork, was elected in 2048. He was concerned with the environmental degradation in the district, and had to fight off a number of smear campaigns.
In the late 2050s and 2060sHumanis Policlub influence begun growing in the district, leading to racial tensions.
Auburn has over 400 factories, metal refineries, and petrochemical plants, and thus it is the manufacturing and industry heart of Seattle. The biggest factories are the ones owned by Federated Boeing, including the huge Boeing facility in eastern Auburn. Renraku has a computer hardware complex in the district's west end, easily the largest factory of its type.
Auburn boasts its own amateur baseball (Auburn Cardinals) and Urban Brawl (Auburn Rubblers) teams, and the Seattle International Raceway is in this district.
==Lone Star Security Ratings==
* AA Auburn, Lake Wilderness
* A Algona (some areas), Berrydale (some areas), Pacifica (some areas)
* B Algona (some areas), Berrydale (some areas), Covington, Enumclaw (some areas), Georgetown, Maple Valley, Pacifica (some areas), Sumner (some areas), Timberlane
* C Black Diamond, Enumclaw (some areas), Sumner (some areas)
* D Bolse
=== Lists of hotels in Seattle===
* Dieringer Sleep Company - Cheap hotel
* Enumclaw Moneymaker Hotel - Cheap hotel
* Green River Inn - Family-style hotel and medium restaurant, the area is rumored to be haunted by the ghosts of victims of a serial killer
* Ultra Resort
* Tapps Island
=== Lists of restaurants in Seattle===
* Barn Burner - Large restaurant, cowboy cuisine
* Magician’s Feast - Medium restaurant and bar, American and Salish cuisine, the owner is a mage
=== Lists of bars and nightclubs in Seattle& Nightclubs ===
* Aurora, The - Bar, named for the ghostly lights seen in the alley
* Casey’s - Bar, decker hangout near the Clone Zone Mall
* The Hole Story - Bar, favorite of ork shadowrunners
=== Lists of attractions in Seattle===
* Auburn Mall - Shopping mall, largest in Auburn
* Clone Zone - Shopping mall, popular place for trading and sale of black market deck hardware and software
* Seattle International Raceway
* Stuck’s Carnival - Casino; everything done to excess
=== Lists of government buildings in Seattle===
* Auburn District Courthouse - Courthouse complex
* Auburn District Hall - Government offices
* Wynaco Correctional Facility - Prison
=== Lists of businesses in Seattle===
* Bowman Metal Works - Cited countless times for environmental violations and a popular target of eco-activists
* Diamond Deckers - Computer clone company producing knockoffs, possible Triad connections
* Federated Boeing Auburn Facility
* United Oil Research and Development Laboratory
=== Lists of medical facilities in Seattle===
* Algona Community Hospital - Hospital
* Community General - Hospital run by Catholic and Jewish charities
* Lake Wilderness Hospital - Hospital, specializes in treating mystics, rumored to be haunted
* Renraku Biocomp - Biotech research
* Stuck’s Bag-Your-Body - Body shop, Mafia connections
There is a significance gang presense, but no gang claims total control over the district. Most gangs are usually small, with no more than a couple dozen members. Go-gangs operate along Route 18 and Route 164, while thrill gangs are found mostly along the border near Puyallup, in Sumner and along the Tacoma border in downtown Auburn.
Organized crime (Mafia, Yakuza) has a significant presence here.
Petty crime perpetrated by squatters and other criminal elements from Puyallup Barrens in the south is a constant problem.
*Vital statistics were unchanged from 2050 to 2072 or were not reported more than once. Infoboxes for specific decades can be found in on the first page of relevant sourcebooks (see sources).
*2072 book did not provide an update on any topics but places of interest
*numerous shadowtalk comments have been offered on this topic throughout available sources
**2050 (Seattle Sourcebook)
**2060 (New Seattle)
**2072 (Seattle 2072)
I'm not sure why this page was trashed. Is there any reason not to keep it? It seems useful.
--UserBlack Angus 0440, 6 January 2011 (UTC)
I took a look at the German site and there was some good info. Should I try and transfer it using Google translate and my rusty school-boy German? If I did would someone check it?
UserBlack Angus 0419, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
Yes. - In fact I'm a native German speaker, and I contribute also to the German Shadowhelix (Username there Kathe). --UserDorle 1449, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
I noticed that under the educational breakdown they have a population of 121+%SpecialContributions/22.214.171.124.35.179.242 1903, January 20, 2015 (UTC)