* '''January 1''' Mafia ''Don'' James O'Malley"The Hammer" O'Malley is assassinated by a Chimera-sniper.
* The Mob War erupts in Seattle.
* January 31-unknown date A small team of shadowrunners led by Michael is brutally ambushed in the newly reclaimed Amerindian lands of the Salish-Shidhe. Video footage recovered from a dead shadowrunner's eyes is made public, prompting Michael's brother, Joshua to investigate Michael's death, and the true nature of his last mission. Joshua eventually comes into contact with Sinsearach Council member Harlequin, learning that Harlequin utilized a Mr. Johnson named Caleb Brightmore to hire Michael for the job, and that Michael's team got killed by a Renraku strike team. Michael's original mission was to destroy Thon's magic source at Ellisia's Tomb in the Salish-Shidhe. Joshua aids Harlequin in completing Michael's original mission, effectively sealing off Ellisia's tomb.
* Feb 22 Ares implements "Operation Extermination," a large-scale physical and magical assault on the insect spirits infesting the Chicago Containment Zone. The Chicago quarantine is officially lifted in President Haeffner's State of the Union address.
** Ares uses FAB Strain III, an astrally active bacteria, to target Bug Spirits in the Zone. Unfortunately, strain III does not restrict its depradation to insect spirits—it affects any astral object or being. Chicago's ghoul community is devastated.
* Renraku relocates its HQ from Berlin to Munich and begins the construction of an arcology on the grounds of former ''Hellabrunn'' zoo.