* '''January 11''' Texas is readmitted to the CAS.
* Parts of New Mexico and Oklahoma join the CAS.
* '''April 8''' The Lone Star board of directors replaces founder Clay Wilson with his brother James Wilson as CEO and elects Wendy Manderscheid as chairman of the board.
* '''April 19''' Druidic magic transforms acres of Scottish pine forest into deciduous forest. The area is later called the Scottish Wild Lands.
* '''March 23''' California Free State secedes from the UCAS. Aztlan invades southern California, taking the city of San Diego after UCAS President Andrew McAlister orders the Pacific Fleet to abandon the harbor. Tír Tairngire invades northern California, going as far as Redding. Governor Treacle appeals to Japanese Imperial State for aid. Japan recognizes California's sovereignty and promises economic and military aid.
* '''May 1''' The Tír Tairngire Council of Princes holds the nation's first Rite of Progression.
* '''June 23''' Twenty people, mostly metahumans, are killed when napalm is thrown into a church in New Visions, Ohio, UCAS. A previously unknown group calling itself Alamos 20,000 takes credit in a badly-spelled message to the press.
* '''August 2''' The Japanese Imperial State grants control of its national currency, the nuyen, to Zurich-Orbital Gemeinschaft Bank. The nuyen is adopted as the world reserve currency.
* '''August 21''' The Great Dragon Lofwyr announces his hostile takeover of Saeder-Krupp/Krupp at a shareholder meeting, revealing his ownership of 63% of company stock and usurping Wilhelmina Graff-Beloit as CEO.
* '''September 4''' A modification to the 14th Amendment of the UCAS Constitution is ratified, establishing the System Identification Number system and requiring all citizens to register for a SIN.
* '''September 9''' Fuchi Industrial Electronics introduces the CDT-1000 cyberterminal. The third-generation cyberterminal is the size of a desktop box.
* '''September 18''' Tír Tairngire begins building a wall around Portland to keep international traders confined. The seat of government is moved to Royal Hill, west of Portland.
* '''October''' Doctors Akiko Kano and Arthur White Eagle win the Nobel Prize for their work on the Kano-White Eagle Theory of Metaphysical Phenomena.
* '''November''' The first elections in the CAS are sporadic and ill-run. Most pro-tem officials are re-elected by default.
* '''November''' Martin Vincenzo of the new Technocratic Party, running with Republican Party Vernon Washington, is elected President of the UCAS, beating incumbent Andrew McAlister. The Technocratic Party also gains its first seats in the UCAS Congress.
* '''November''' Victor Allenson becomes governor of Seattle.
* Portugal Minister of the Economy Godinho proposes the Godinho Plan, calling for the incorporation and partial nationalization of the 150 largest Portuguese companies into a single corporation, Lusiada.
* The Five Days of Milan protests against the corp-backed Lega Nord ultra-nationalist party turn to violence, causing the fall of the Italy government. Pope John XXV negotiates a settlement between the corporations and the sindaci (mayors). The cities of Genoa, Milan and Turin are written off as a catastrophe zone and renamed the Special Administrative Zone of GeMiTo(GeMiTo).
* Eurowar II
** European forces drive the Alliance for Allah out of Spain and Greece.
* Ambrosius Publications releases the first issue of the Manual of Practical Thaumaturgy.