* '''January 1''' During the traditional New Year's Message from Vatican City. Peter's Square, Pope John Paul IV denounces metahumans as abominations in the eyes of God. (''Tír na nÓg'')
** In the Czech Republic, Czech Catholics rise up against the Vatican in response to the Pope's denouncement of metahumans. (''Shadows of Europe'')
* '''January 3''' The great dragon Hualpa emerges in Yucatan.
* '''January 12''' The Ganges, Indus, and Jamuna rivers in India are purified and become mana lines.
** Tibet, safe behind a magical barrier, declares independence from China.
* '''January 20''' The France Catholic Church opposes Pope John Paul IV's declaration against metahumans, creating a permanent rift between the FCC and the Vatican. (''Shadows of Europe'')
* '''January 27''' The great western dragon Dunkelzahn makes his first appearance at Cherry Creek Lake in Denver. He grants a 12-hour interview with Holly Brighton, during which he explains The Awakening.
* Lofwyr appears in Germany and becomes a corporate player.
* UK's King Charles III abdicates in favor of his only surviving son, King George VII.
* The Hildebrandt-Kleinfort-Bernal (HKB) megacorporation is formed in England, an increasingly major power in world financial affairs.
* '''March''' In Vatican City, a Papal Bull is issued confirming Pope John Paul IV's position against metahumans and further denouncing all things magical as "unholy and ungodly by their very nature." (''Shadows of Europe'')
* '''March 31''' The great dragon Lung awakens at Mt. Emei.
* '''April 8''' The Israeli government orders the evacuation of Jerusalem's Old City due to dramatic spiritual manifestations.
* '''June 1''' The Japanese Imperial State Diet passes the Yamato Act. The Act deregulates Japanese corporations, restricts foreign corporate activity, and makes the nuyen the official currency of the state.
* '''August 12''' Sheila Blatavska founds the Atlantean Foundation.
* '''August 30''' A conglomerate of corporate interests takes control of Denver's struggling public welfare system.
* '''September 16''' The German military kills Feuerschwinge to end her four-month rampage, and is the first known kill of a Great Dragon by metahumanity.
* '''October 17''' Violent warfare between Keruba International and BMW prompt seven of the largest corporations (BMW, Ares Macrotechnology, Shiawase, Mitsuhama Computer Technologies, Aztechnology, Keruba, and JRJ International) to form the Inter-Corporate Council to mediate disputes.
* '''November''' Jesse Garrety and William Jarman are reelected as President and Vice-President of the United States.
* '''November 29''' The Passau Treaties are signed, defining corporate extraterritoriality in Germany.